Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Matte, Gloss and Crisp.. they're all mine

It's no secret that I am a magazine addict and those who know me can confirm that, I just recently was cataloging my titles and documented how many I have... well I attempted to, I got to 300 and just gave up with counting. All that really matters to me is that they are in the proper order, section and in proper heights and thickness. Yes when it comes to my babies I do get a little OCD with it but I have to as I feel I will be leaving a legacy one day for my niece or nephew (yes they will be in fashion!! haha)


Nothing beats the day when all the new titles are released on the shelves, the anticipation for what the issues will hold inside is too much I barely get 10m away from the stand before I quickly skim over each title and smell the pages (trust me the smell of a magazine is amazing... I have no idea why but it just gives me a fresh and new feeling). I've recently fallen in love with Russh magazine again, they have gone from gloss to matte which gives it this luxe feeling. Go out and check out all the different magazine covers, you instantly can feel the difference in each mags quality by the texture of the covers and pages. Grazia has cheap and bendy paper as it's a weekly mag which you can throw (but I don't!!), Vogue has gloss covers but in high quality as it's an archive magazine and Russh my dear dear Russh has raised the bar with matte finish covers and pages giving them the best spot in my magazine wall (right next to frankie who started the matte trend!).

Magazine current 'crush':-




Russh Issue 31 (current), LOVE this cover and the fashion story this image is from. I greatly loved it and it's totally something I would do. 'I want you to want me' is the story on pages 110 - 133. Another thing I loved about this cover is that the title was opaque allowing for the image to be the main focus and it really draws you in.




Russh Issue 30 (previous) was all about '100%' and their first matte finish cover. The colours were so vibrant and the fashion sroty was a sport luxe theme using clothing from designers who put 100% into everything they do. A highly inspiring issue and a peek into a great future for this magazine.

Not only are magazines educational but they are an escape into a fantasy world where you can be anyone and do anything you want, a real sense of escapism. They're full of art and inspiration, culture and world events, and stories from passionate people who genuinely love what they do. Something as we all I that I draw my strenght from



Enjoy the fantasy worlds available to you and be inspired


Mitch. S xx

Copyright © Mitchell Steed 2009

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU AND THIS AND EVERYTHING YOU SAY.
    ps. your banner's crash hot.
    miss you mitchy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. La Mancha Negra (the band featured in russh and on the cover)
    we were lucky enough to be let in to Akira's home the lead singer to take some shots
    they will be up next week sometime i would love for you to check it out at
    www.weartogetit.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Checked out your site and I really liked it. I'll be keeping my eyes out for the pictures you mentioned.

    Keep up the good work and keep stopping by,

    Mitch. S xx

    ReplyDelete