Monday, October 12, 2009

Princess Lily the right choice?

By now all you fashionistas out there will be tweeting and texting about the new Chanel campaign with Lily Allen (below). My friend Alexandra just text me with her views and one thing stood out in her whole text.. 'It's nice, but just nice'.


Now being an avid Karl Lagerfeld fan I have to admire his risk with using Ms Allen for this shoot. When first viewing this I did have mixed feelings, one was 'here's another Vic Beckham look alike', another was 'Ohh love the cuffs' and then finally 'meh it's nice'.
But is "nice" good enough? let me know your thoughts
Mitch. S xx
Copyright © Mitchell Steed 2009

2 comments:

  1. I remember our reactions to the Madonna/LV campaign... it was incredible to see our fav pop icon like that.. especially in a smoky parisian cafe, it conjured imagery that made you feel like you were in a story.
    Similar to the Jean-Pierre Jeunet mini movie for Chanel no.5, these campaigns should inspire you and make you yearn for the products and lifestyle!
    I think Karl was definately off the mark with this one.. The message is too ambivalant and doesnt make me throw off my Louboutins and run to Chanel to see the new range.. Well, not immediately, I always want too!!
    x Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexandra you just transported me back to that moment with your beautiful words.

    Can't wait for you to submit an article as I will happily post anything you write my dear.

    Stay stylish, Wine and Magazine night will soon be on the books :)

    Mitch. S xx

    ReplyDelete