Thursday, October 15, 2009

Style and the City


MLC Centre Martin Place, Sydney

What a fantastic day, the weather was gorgeous, blue skies all round with lovely rays of sunshine embracing my pasty skin, floral scents wafted in the soft breeze flirting with my sense of smell. My excitement for a new season has been awakened and I'm ready to part with my winter layers.


I met up with my friend Gaia to interview her for my blog (she's a fashion blogger and aspiring stylist). Discussions about doing test shoots, amazing architecture in Martin Place, back stage passes to Block Party and how shy we can be in certain situations passed the time while we tortured ourselves with window shopping.


Originally today was a browsing day.. but when you get two stylists together who are bursting with inspiration and an adoration of clothes it soon turns into borrowing money to purchase the must have wardrobe essential for anyone, a classic Levi's light weight denim shirt, it feels and looks amazing. We also made a purchase at Fleur Wood, these scary but somehow awesome skull pens which in the near future may be turning into a man brooch for me (would that be a "maoch" ?).


Tried to age the picture with a bad lamp and my iPhone haha.


Must see stores in Syd? Strand Arcade: Alannah Hill, The Corner Shop, Sparkle Cakes. In the QVB: General Pants, Ralph Lauren, Cue. In the Galeries Victoria: Incu Women's side, Kasui and Brent Wilson. Here's a few special mentions from our fav moments



Alannah Hill what an amazing layout, we saw the cutest full sequin cardi that felt amazing!! and some super killer heels!! Gotta also love her campaign images


The Corner Shop oh how I love you. Romance was born had some super cute digital prints of knitwear on soft flowing luxurious fabrics. Matt Weston OMG you made my heart stop and yearn for your creation to be around my neck. I saw this amazing necklace by him that screamed I was made for Mitch, I belong to Mitch!!! and it was only $195... if only I didn't have debt... it would have been mine (Santa if you love me you will but it!!)

General Pants had some great potential festival gear (no not fluro, even though I died 4 times when I saw these acid green patent pumps! Think Madonna in her Borderline film clip!!) I'll have festival wear up tomorrow hopefully, so get your wallets ready for reasonably priced clothes and great ways to utilize your wardrobe.

Ralph Lauren the windows were amazing in the QVB, bright race inspired windows with amazing floral arrangements and styling of mannequins. It really brightened up the whole shopping space and created a fantasy land of croquet, drinking tea while wearing lace gloves and naturally riding horses in amazing clothes.

So get your days planed to head into the city and check out The Strand Arade and QVB, you'll end up leaving feeling fresh and inspired as we did.
Mitch. S xx
Copyright © Mitchell Steed 2009

1 comment: