Sunday, November 8, 2009

Been a while

It's been a while since my last post... but what can you do when you're trekking around Sydney going to meetings, photo shoots and doing product returns (took me 2 solid days to return the garments). Each night I'd get home have dinner and crash on the lounge, it's the reality of the job - long hours and hard work... but I absolutely LOVE it!

I thought I'd share one of my model crushes of the moment, Annabella from Chadwicks. I first met her at a shoot for Grazia Magazine, we were doing a piece on race hats and really wanted to push the boundaries of race wear. These days there are so many uninspiring looks that are displayed at race events and its such a shame, not many people are confident enough to really take their looks to the next level. My boss (Caterina Scardino) is a visionary, she can take a shirt and skirt and whack on layer upon layer of accessories and just blow the look away. With one of the looks she put a necklace on and was saying "Hmm I'm not convinced" she threw on another necklace and said "Hmm..Needs ..more" and in my mind I was thinking "getting too busy.." but she threw 2 more on and and bam! the outfit just came together and really looked superb. She's really teaching me to take risks and to know the art of accessorising (I honestly thought threre was nothing to accessorising, but now I'm learning that there is a real art form to it - my level of skill has just risen and I've started taking risks with my own accessories)


Oh....back to Annabella, So I turned up and didn't know anyone, I sat down at the breakfast table and she turns around and says "Hi I'm Annabella" and put out her hand, we did the whole introductions and she started asking about my study and what I wanted to do - To me that was a rare thing but showed just how strong her sense of character is. We talked candidly all day and she just really kept the energy of the room upbeat. This was my first shoot ever and I was assisting so I mostly helped dress the models and helped choose accessories, the following shots are my favourites.




Annabella looking amazing at the Grazia Shoot in this Carla Zampatti wrap blouse and Sonia Rykiel necklace (which was $4,900!!) I just love this image so much, I think its amazing and really takes you to that fantasy realm that only amazing fashion photography can take you. Georges Antoni and Cat just work so well together and the camera just loves Annabella (she's amazing)





As if you don't want that Bally bag or Cue jacket!! Showing some versatility Annabella really knows how to make a look work with rocking poses! (same Grazia shoot)


So keep your eyes peeled and check out magazines and advertisements, she is a rising 'it' model and has not only a great personality but can really make you lust over clothes with her amazing energy (to see more images of Annabella check out General Pants, Russh issue 31, Sunglass Hut next season and more!)


Mitch. S xx


Copyright © Mitchell Steed 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment