Monday, October 19, 2009

Drape it, drape it good

Drapery has become an obsession of mine lately and it excites me to see that so many designers have created some gorgeous pieces using this method.

Burberry's S/10 collection really inspired me, Chris Bailey has wowed me with his trench dresses, voluminous skirts and his men's draped tee's. This was an ultra chic collection and definitely was a showcase of why Burberry is so hot right now!

Louis Vuitton, even though it was a crazy mish mash i still enjoyed this collection. It gave me a feeling of a 70's disco traveller who casually wanders the globe in search of a good party... don't ask why it just does... you'll see it when you search in the image below.

Chloe tres tres magnifique! I am discovering the gorgeous styles that are created by the design house. Secy, sophisticated and looks extremely comfy.

Karen walker, well I must say I use to like Karen but I think with the influence of my friend working directly under her I have now become obsessed. Love Love Love the acid green dress that was featured in Grazia last week (sadly due to copyright I have no image)It's gorgeous and I wish I had this dress for an event I assisted in styling last night!! Not only would it suit my model but the clients would have adored the look. Go NZ you are the unsung heroes!!




Pastel green trench dress looking edgy and sexy. The styling is just so spot on it makes me excited about the season ahead.





Lily Donaldson rocking the voluminous skirt look. You should look up the whole show here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05HreBLViQ4&feature=fvw and see how great the fabric moves (Lily is 2nd out!)





I just loving this whole look. The coat, the tee and the pants must be mine... and soon!




Louis Vuitton with it's disco traveller edge showing how drapery doesn't have to be with plain print fabrics.





Chloe with this relaxed and chic look. I instantly feel comfortable when I look at this, I can just imagine how soft and flowing this fabric is

Over all I say you must embrace the draped look! gorgeous!!

Mitch. S xx

Copyright © Mitchell Steed 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment