Monday, November 30, 2009

That land of blue and gold, is where we were free..

So it's not a new album ...but I was listening to my iPod and Goldfrapp came on. I was pleasantly surprised when 'Little Bird' came on from the album Seventh Tree, it's a soft melody that kind of puts you in a meditative state... or as I have been doing a lot lately.. it makes you drift off to that golden flecked meadow land of fantasy.

This album is quite a departure from the previous disco infused one but it's a pleasant change. It gives me a feeling of a kind of journey that a french-clown-wood-nymph is going on through a gorgeous country side.

One thing I love about the leading lady is her quirky styling and ever changing look. From the pictures below you'll be able to see some similarities with Mary-Kate Olsen (or is it Ashley?) Natalie Bassingwaithe and a sad french clown...

I swear I'm getting an Olsen twin vibe from her eyes... can you see it? Well that aside I'm loving this pirate look and I'm envious of her shirt and hat!


Here I see Natalie Basinggwaithe .. can you see it? I love the harlequin print all-in-one suit with a silk ruffle collar. Loving the sun spilling over the mountain and meadow, I think it's always an image I'm drawn to... leaks of golden sun over gorgeous fields.

You can't ignore that this one is the sad french clown! I honestly wish people would wear this in real life, it's just so fun and whimsical, or is that just the lavender field intoxicating my senses?



A better shot of the harlequin all in one, she jazzed it up with the covetable pirate hat this time.



Accessory of the season? a giant owl! you must get one if you are ever going to be the pirate clown you are destined to be!




This kinda makes you feel all warm and safe, one of my favourite images from the album artwork. Alison looks so at peace.. and so awesome in her clowny clothes!
Overall Seven Tree not only gives you visual delight but it also is a great album. I loved that when you purchase the "Deluxe" version you are given mini post card style images of this photo shoot and two giant matte finish posters.
This is a fantasy shoot that I will be cherishing for a long time,
Mitch. S xx

Copyright © Mitchell Steed 2009

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mitch Cool Blog i'm following you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind feedback. I think your blog is great!

    Mitch. S xx

    ReplyDelete