Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sponsored....already?

To those who don't already know I'm a stylist (well a starting out stylist. Majority of work so far is as an assistant as it's my first year) I started out in retail for 5 years and all the while longed to be deeper in the industry and have always wanted to style. So at the beginning of the year I applied for one of Australia's best fashion schools FBI Fashion College and I got in. Since then they have taken me from fashion nobody to fashion somebody (in certain circles) In just 6 months I have completed 90% of my 5 year plan (obviously overestimated how long each goal would take) and I'm so close to my dream of being a full fledged stylist.


Which brings me to the reason for this post. As a stylist you have to have a kit, now for most of you a twinge of recollection will hit you and you'll say "is that the bag that Brad took of Rachel's when he screwed up the Oscars?" yes that's the bag, others will be going "that bloody heavy bag I have to lug around with me everywhere" yes that's the bag... and for those who are stumped? It's a bag that has everything you could possibly need to fix problems that arise in your job, busted seams, makeup stains, cleavage boost, tape in those no bra boobs, gaff tape to protect shoes, toolbox with scissors and pins, wet wipes, g-strings, props etc.

So from that you can see it is extremely important and essential. I've been carrying most of this stuff in my leather messenger bag and to put it bluntly I've screwed my back up. It's so heavy and it has caused many a tension headache. A friend of my brother Rick (used to be his boss) caught wind of this off my brother and he knew what I did for a living PLUS his partner and son are obsessed with fashion so they'd relate our world to him in terms he understood (they rock she wanted me to go see the September issue with her and her son but it was a college night..sigh). He took this info with him and approached his team at his new job (State manager of Crumpler) and managed to get them to sponsor me with a heavy duty bag to save my back and make my travels easy.












Ladies and Gentlemen I introduce you to my new baby the Period Charmer. This baby is packed full of awesome features and it meets all of the criteria that I gave to Rick on what my Kit should be able to store and do. About 98% of my travel is by public transport so this heavy duty handle and comfy rubber grip will be of great help. I especially love the picture they show of how many 6 packs you can put in the bag, it gives me ideas on how to host a "pop up" party, just turn up to a friends place and crack open you bag... voila you have an instant party. This makes the bag both practical and fun and with all the special features and over all weight relief this is going to save me I think these guys will have a life long shopper for ALL my luggage needs.


If you guys are inspired and require one for your work or need an awesome travel bag this model will cost you $395 and bloody well worth it!!! Just head on in to a Crumpler store (mention me where possible It'll be good feedback for Rick)

Can't wait to turn up to shoots with this bag to outshine the makeup artists, hair stylists and assistants.

Mitch. S xx


Copyright © Mitchell Steed 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment