Friday, November 27, 2009

Shopping for others

One great thing about being a stylist is when your friends and family ask you to go shopping with them. You get to go to all the great stores and spend other peoples money... the draw back is you don't actually shop for yourself (and due to my current financial standings I don't get to shop until Feb next year!!)


Lately I've been "Hired" by a couple of friends and my Mum to help source some great fashion finds, my payment? they all seem to feel sorry for me not being able to shop and they buy me something each trip. So far I've received a Shirt, 2 T-shirts, 4 Pairs of shoes and 1 non fashion item... a box of chocolates (BTW thats adds up to $600 worth of gifts). Now all I need is a pair of jeans/pants and Ill have a complete outfit with interchangeable shoes and tee's.

I got these shoes last week as a gift for creating an outfit for an Xmas party. The Outfit:Earrings, 2 Rings, A 6 set of Bangles, A dress and some great shoes. Cosmetics: 2 nail varnish options, lipstick, blush and a great anti wrinkle foundation. As you can see they got the works so I am grateful for their extra splash out on grabbing me some shoes.

I don't expect these gifts but boy doesn't it feel great to be updating my wardrobe while helping others! One day Ill have paying clients when I branch out from photoshoots into personal shopping and Ill still be helping friends for free

Mitch. S xx

Copyright © Mitchell Steed 2009

2 comments:

  1. oooh when will you be in melbourne to do a styling run? now i'm working back in the corporate world my weekend look needs a bit of work ;o) Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure when I'll be in Melb but I'm sure when I do everyone will know straight away (I've been hanging out for a Melb trip for a while)
    Thanks for your enthusiasm Megan :-)

    Mitch. S xx

    ReplyDelete