Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Candy colours

I've always desired to dress in bright pop colours especially candy coloured lowers (lowers = pants, jeans, shorts...meggings haha). This could have stemmed from my childhood when my Nan made me pink overalls (yep pink denim) or the fluoro orange striped jumper she made me (think of a bee..but orange) I was also obsessed with my red converse.. I was 5 and wore them till they died... R.I.P Red Connies... now you've been replaced by adult sized ones and a red SEQUIN pair.


Childhood aside I think that block colours are strong again in men's fashion, kind of back to the days in 2004 when colour exploded in men's labels. Ralph Lauren have always been strong advocates for the colour revival in men's fashion and this season they didn't disappoint, we saw lavender cardigans over aqua shirts and the most amazing pair of aqua pants which I still say I NEED!







Here's the blue and yellow combination that seems to be ultra popular with European design houses, I even saw a few bikini's with the colour combo. But overall I really liked this collection from DKNY ..really good styling.





I'm absolutely in love with those shoes, the pants the coat... actually just this whole look. I'd be a happy man if I had an entire closet designed by Trussardi 1911, I really loved the collection and they always seem to please me visually and with their styling techniques




I really like this look, it's really practical and wearable. C.P Company are known for their great basics and I can see why. I really need those pants and loafers!




Etro showing off colour clashing at it's best. I'm in love with the psychedelic blazer it really reminds me of my awesome watch face.. I think I really Need this!!, it also takes me back to Corey Haim in 'The Lost Boys" (great movie by the way!)



Louis Vuitton showing off the canary yellow trend that is soon going to take over. I'm reminded of Calvin Harris with this look.... mainly cause of the classes with the yellow canvas beneath



I think it's time I dusted off my Germ Green Ksubi jeans and injected some colour into the masses of grey toned suits on the streets of Sydney.
The year ahead is literally looking bright and I'm excited

Mitch. S xx
Copyright © Mitchell Steed 2009
All images sourced from style.com

1 comment:

  1. i love all of the bright colors that they are now starting to show for men.

    ReplyDelete