Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sweet Fantasy

It's not really a strange idea to anyone that I have rather eclectic taste, one day I could be projecting my mind into an upbeat New York street imagining wearing edgy street wear while having Jumbo Latte's with friends where as another day I could take my mind on a solo journey to a secluded beach having a tea party with a turtle while wearing harem pants with a draped modal tee holding a staff.



My point to the opening paragraph? I love being able to let my imagination roam wild with not only fashion but with ideas in general. For a while I've been obsessed with Sigur Ros and another Icelandic band (who in fact do the string work for Sigur Ros) Amiina. They both are able to take me to fantasy realms with their sweet, haunting music. One song that I'm obsessed with is 'Hemipode' by Amiina, this song definitely took me to a tea party kind of place, think Alice in Wonderland meets Maire Antoinette (the movie). Think of a hillside with a golden sun hue running through the trees, bright bold colours in every point of vision, a gorgeous crochet blanket with a spread of a porcelain tea set with lady birds delicately painted on them and cartoon-esk cakes in all shapes and sizes.





Amiina proving the teaparty theme was accurate (found this after I wrote my blog post). I love their style it reminds me of everything frankie magazine stands for





A beautiful landscape to help you drift off when listening to Amiina




A blanket for you to sit on when you have your tea party in your mind





Wow this teapot existed? ok well here's one part of your tea set




Yout cakes to feast on when you have your Marie Antoinette moment of pampering fantasy



Enjoy the sweet fantasy and let yourself drift off, you never know where you'll end up


Mitch. S xx


Copyright © Mitchell Steed 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment