Saturday, December 5, 2009

Tulle Explosion



Viktor & Rolf with my woman crush Roisin Murphy


Viktor & Rolf have been my favourite designers since I was a teenager, I saw their Runway for the fragrance Flower Bomb and for the first time I fully understood Catwalk fashion. The difference between fantasy and conceptual design to ready to wear fashion was finally defined for me.

What excites me about this collection is the unique use of tulle, it was in every look and showed it wasn't just good for wedding dresses or the ballet, but it was great for artistic explosion (some literally looked like a cannon ball plowed straight through them)





In this first block we have the more wearable pieces from the runway. I love the use of blazers with the tulle as lizard like fins on the outer edging, the pants look fab too.




Here we're lead into a more conceptual tulle fest, I'm loving the how there is some much going on in these designs, yet they don't over power the models.




And Finally we're taken into the BIG tulle moments, we see the cannon ball effect, chunks cut out from the sides, a little bit of illusion with the second image where it looks as though the bottom part is floating. I love the giant shoulder detail on the last pic, kind of shark meets brides made


Over all these boys will always excite my attention and take me to that fantastic fantasy land where anything is possible and garment drama is celebrated.


Mitch. S xx


Copyright © Mitchell Steed 2009

All images from style.com

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys, I really appreciate the positive feedback

    Sonia thankyou for linking me! I'll check out your blog

    Enjoy my future posts :)

    Mitch. S xx

    ReplyDelete