Monday, December 7, 2009

"Gams" a GO-GO!

Each year we see men's fashion getting more creative, we see the average guy care more about his appearance, we see the edgy get edgier and now we see more .....legs aka "gams".


The short shorts have made a comeback and I must say I'm actually liking it, obviously it looks great on male models so mere mortal men need to be careful when attempting this style. I first started liking the look when I saw it on the runway's a few months ago, but I was fully sold when I saw Brad Goreski sporting short shorts with dress shoes on The Rachel Zoe Project (where I learnt the term "gams")



Brad looking preppy and cute in Rachel Zoe's showroom (girls look at all those shoes... and this is a cropped shot!)




Dries Van Noten here showing us some clashing, one of my fav looks for this trend



Trussardi 1911 kind of sailor meets sports club meets 80's.... you following?



Michael Bastian mixing up the geek chic look with a buff model and street sneakers




Prada with shorts that seemed to be more like underwear, but still the overall look is chic




Gilded Age giving us a very American feel to this look, I met this guy a few years ago in a night club in Sydney, I swear he's wearing the same pants but cropped them into shorts...




Revenge of the nerds at Jil Sanders, I quite like the blazer with scrunched sleeves




Louis Vuitton, those sparkly shoes are still a lust have for me, the upper half of this is very wearable (so everything bar the socks) I would sport this in the warmer winter nights



LV at it again, this look makes me feel like I'm on holiday in the tropics... I have no idea why, maybe the bum-bag, sunnies and thongs combo (thongs = flip flops in Australia)
As it's Summer over here in Aus I may have to test out a few of these looks (fake tan all the way)
Mitch. S xx
Copyright © Mitchell Steed 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment