Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tight and Textured

DKNY PF 2010, I must admit I didn't fall in love with this entire collection, some of it I felt I'd seen 1000 times, or it could quite possibly be that I've viewed so much fashion in the last 24 hrs that the similarities shown between designers blended, either way I did find some great pieces that I melted over.

I loved that the collection had a high focus on texture, from the crumpled effect to gathering we saw some great silhouettes on display. The thing that attracted me at first was the use of colour against that good old classic body con dress, I loved how the fabric looked as though it had been wrapped around the models right there on the spot creating that perfect fit. After the garments from this collection that I loved and the men's line, I'm really starting to warm up to DKNY


I absolutely love these body con dresses, especially the electric blue number. These are the two I had in mind when I was imagining the fabric being pulled around the models
Here we have that lovely texture detailing, the obvious texture is in the jacket and skirt with the crinkle fabric, but with the dress above colour played a stronger part in the texture effect.

These images are of the looks that I loved in particular, head on over to Style.com to see the whole collection and decide what you like.
Mitch. S xx
Copyright © Mitchell Steed 2009

2 comments:

  1. "Here we have that lovely texture detailing"....He he..You make me lol. You are quite the fashion commentator. I don't usually read too many blogs but Mitch you have a way with words..x

    ReplyDelete