Monday, December 7, 2009

Tokyo Lights

WOW.....is all I can say, Versace's Pre Fall 2010 collection has excited me enough to be writing about this in a room with a temperature of 38*C (I have a towel...)

Taking inspiration from Japan and the Tokyo lights, Donatella Versace has created an ultra sexy and colourful collection. Body Con silhouettes, eye popping colour, tantalising prints and a new take on the mullet dress (I'll point it out later)

There's not 1 piece that I don't like, fashion is meant to be fun and this certainly has made me smile. I've gone all giggly over the amazing boots and heels, gorgeous bags and a killer utilitarian style jacket. For all those with humble incomes, don't fret as I for see many chain stores taking inspiration from this range and I'm sure you'll all get your versions of it, for all those with deep pockets, I can't wait to style you and see you show it off on the streets.




In this first block we see the bright pops of colour inspired by the neon lights of Tokyo, also some great prints that Japan helped inspire. I absolutely love the patent crumple booties and blue lace up heels, not only does the colour excite me but they are extremely wearable and versatile. We also see a homage to the 60's but with a street twist which makes this not only modern but relevant to the new generation.



In this second block we see the muted tone of navy, the first one is the jacket I feel is to die for! The peek=a-boo style skirt just adds that playful sexiness to the whole look. The bags are a must have, the multi colour blocks, the shades and shape just make it worth the effort to save for. Lastly we see the new take on the mullet dress, I love how it's asymmetrical, it adds that kind of blend of side split meets mini dress... either way I just love it


Here's to pop colours and edgy looks in 2010. For the rest of the collection visit Style.com


Mitch. S xx


Copyright © Mitchell Steed 2009

2 comments: