Friday, December 4, 2009

Plastic Fantastic

For a while now I've been obsessed with these rubber/plastic shoes I found in The Corner Shop (One of Australia's leading designer boutiques) They're by Melissa and I tell you what, these beauties are not only shiny and cool to look at, but they are awesomely futuristic and stylish.

We've seen more and more advances in the Eco Chic movement and I've gotta say thank god these don't resemble the horrid crocs that seem to be appealing to the masses (dare I say masses of fashion victims?). From architectural influences to the punk revival, there's no stopping this creative team and it's collaborations with top designers such as Vivienne Westwood



These are the awesome pair I saw ages ago in The Corner Shop, can't remember the price but I remember being shocked at how affordable they were. Has a very Aeon Flux feel to it (Charlize Theron rocked that futuristic style in the movie)




Aggy showing us how to rock this look with pop colours. These ankle booties are just hot! I'm loving the whole deconstructed Rubix cube feel mixed with Native American influences in this look.



As if brogues weren't cool to begin with. Now you don't have to worry if it rains as these babies are 100% plastic

We saw them in red, but I had to show you them in metallic! Very Blade Runner-esk

Now I just need to find some awesome man versions of the brogues and i'll be a happy little eco chic-er

Mitch. S xx

Copyright © Mitchell Steed 2009

1 comment: